5 Year Guarantee Terms and Conditions
The 5 Year Guarantee is subject to the following terms & conditions
- The products must have been manufactured, supplied & installed by Marla Custom Blinds
- The use of the products is limited to normal commercial use only.
- All products must be used in the manner for which they were intended and the guarantee does not cover products that have been misused or abused in any way.
- The faulty product must be returned to Custom Blinds Limited premises (or other premises as nominated by Custom Blinds Limited) for repair or replacement.
- If the customer requires an engineer to attend site to remove the product for return or requests the product to be repaired on site (if practical to do so) a charge will be made for travelling time to and from site.
- The guarantee does not cover general wear and tear.
- The guarantee applies to the UK only.
The 5 Year Guarantee does not cover the following conditions:
- Fair wear and tear.
- Improper care, inappropriate cleaning, alteration, relocation, misuse or accidental damage to the product.
- Any repair work by unauthorized third parties on Marla Custom Blinds products voids any warranties.
- Force majeure, such as floods, fire and earthquakes.
Proof of purchase (original Invoice) showing the date of purchase must be retained by the customer as the guarantee is only available to the original purchasing customer. The benefit of the guarantee cannot be transferred to a third party.
If the product is defective in materials, manufacture or installation the original customer must contact Marla Custom Blinds within 30 days of the fault occurring. We reserve the right to inspect the fault before removal or repair. We must be provided with those facilities we reasonably require to carry out a proper inspection. If a replacement product or repair is necessary, we reserve the right to replace the product or carry out the repair using our own service engineers.
If the fault is not resolved, at our discretion we will either refund the purchase price, or install new goods to you as a replacement. This shall constitute our sole obligation under this guarantee.
As our policy is one of continuous improvement, product changes may give rise to alternative products and installation. Where an identical product or installation method is no longer available, we will supply the nearest equivalent
If a claim is made under the guarantee and the defect is not due to faulty materials, manufacture or installation, Marla Custom Blinds reserve the right to charge the customer for time spent by the engineer at the current hourly rate and for any replacement parts
The guarantee is in addition to and does not affect your statutory rights